MUD 367 has been proactive in annually preparing for Hurricane Season by securing the district water plants and lift stations with fully equipped generators in the event of a power outage. The district’s Operator, Municipal Operations, will be working 24/7 to ensure water is not disrupted or contaminated during a possible crisis. It is still advisable to be prepared and follow local authorities recommendations during hurricane season.
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.